A good sale to Rio de Janeiro. ITA will price this at $766, however, when you go book this on Expedia, it will be $747.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 3rd – 10th
- Valid for travel from late October – early December or late February, 2015 – early June, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 7 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 1 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mia,jfk,dfw
- Destination: GIG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: mia,jfk,dfw
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Between US and Brazil: Q
- Within the United States: N
- LAX – JFK (New York) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – JFK – LAX. For this particular itinerary, the segmenst within the United States is operated by American, JetBlue or United. Make sure you select the domestic segments operated by American if you want 100% American mileages.
- One permitted for free and one at $100.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,554 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. TAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American as long as all segments are operated by TAM or American. If you select segments are operated by United or JetBlue, you will not earn American miles for those segments.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.24 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.