Etihad is one of the 3 major airlines from the Persian Gulf. We normally wouldn’t feature them; while they are partners with American Airlines, the fares between the US and Abu Dhabi (where they are based) are non-mileage earning with American. However, India for under $700 is cheap. Here’s what we found:
- Mumbai [BOM] – $669
- New Delhi [DEL] – $681
- Chennai [MAA] – $682
- Jaipur [JAI] – $694
Update 9/20/2014 @ 1:08AM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Mumbai
- November 3rd – 10th
- Valid for travel from October 1st – November 30th. Must purchase by September 20th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ey+
- Destination: BOM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ey+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other destinations, replace BOM with the airport code from top of post)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- JFK – AUH (Abu Dhabi) – BOM (Mumbai) – AUH – JFK.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 16,178 miles or 4.1 cents per mile. (This fare doesn’t not seem to be mileage earning)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Etihad Airways
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 61.08 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.