A good sale to Hong Kong. The one benefit of the American and US Airways merger — attack fares on American now include Philadelphia and Phoenix.
The price is $767 until the middle of October, then it is $787.
Update 9/16/2014 @ 11:05AM Eastern – price drop. Now $667
Update 9/16/2014 @ 4:45PM Eastern – price drop. Now $617. Since this morning, this has drop $150!!! That’s incredible.
Update 9/16/2014 @ 2:05PM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Dallas
- Old: October 1st – 8th
- New: November 10th – 17th
- $617: October 14th – 21st
- Valid for travel on the outbound until December 9th or January 1st, 2015 – May 23rd, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Philadelphia availability, replace DFW with PHL on the Departing from: field)
- (For Phoenix availability, replace DFW with PHX on the Departing from: field)
- (For Miami availability, replace DFW with MIA on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- Old: $659
- New: 573.20
- $617: $509
- Old: DFW – DTW (Detroit) – NRT (Tokyo) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA (Seattle) – ATL (Atlanta) – DFW.
- New: DFW – ATL (Atlanta) – SEA (Seattle) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA – DFW
- $617: DFW – DTW – NRT – HKG – SEA – DFW
- Two permitted at $100 in the United States
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 18,608 miles or 4.1 cents per mile.
- 2015: 3,295 miles or a difference of 15,313 miles.
- 2014: 17,290 miles or 3.9 cents per mile.
- 2015: 2,866 miles or a difference of 14,424 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.