Finnair is putting a few cities in Russia on sale for about $560. Here’s what we found:
- Moscow [SVO]
- Kazan [KZN]
- Nizhniy Novgorod [GOJ]
- Samara [KUF]
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Moscow
- October 21st – 28th
- Valid for travel from late October – December 15th or January 12th, 2015 – March 31st, 2015 with a 6 day stay minimum. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure. ITA is not sync’ing perfectly with Finnair availability — so if you dates don’t work, try another set. For example, ITA is showing availability for beginning of October, but we could not get it to price.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: hel
- Destination: SVO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hel
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other cities, replace SVO with the airport code above in the Destination field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- JFK – HEL (Helsinki) – SVO (Moscow) – HEL – JFK
- Unlimited permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,346 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. Finnair is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Finnair
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 35.78 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.