A good sale to Mumbai.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 22nd – 29th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until October. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ZFV
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ewr
- Destination: BOM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ewr
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- ZFV – EWR (Newark) – BOM (Mumbai) – EWR – ZFV
- ZFV is the the airport code for Philadelphia 30th Street Amtrak Station. The ZFV – EWR // EWR – ZFV segment is operated by Amtrak.
- A few things to remember about fares from ZFV from our reader Sean
- You do NOT earn Premier Qualifying mileage on the ZFV-EWR and EWR-ZFV segments
- You do earn 250 Redeemable miles, but do NOT earn status bonuses.
- You do have to take the train to start the reservation
- In the case of a schedule change, you may be able to drop the ZFV-EWR segment. (Your Mileage May Vary)
- You can only print out your Amtrak boarding pass the day the train departs from the departing terminal kiosk or ticket desk.
- United travel vouchers cannot be combined or used with fares from ZFV.
- Logistics of the train to plane transfer
- From Newark:
- Follow sign for AirTrain
- Take AirTrain to Rail Link Stop (Past Terminal C and P4)
- And exit using your Amtrak ticket. AirTrain fare is included
- NJ Transit and Amtrak shares a platform, so look for the right departure platform
- To Newark from Newark Amtrak Station:
- The above reversed
- From Newark:
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 15,758 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. The segments between ZFV and EWR are not elite mileage earning, as such, you will earn 15,612 elite miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- March 1st, 2015: 4,035 miles or a difference of 11,577 miles.
How to Book:
- Book with United with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 61.08 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.