TAM, the largest airline in Brazil is putting Rio and Sao Paulo on sale. These fares are not searchable on ITA — so finding it a bit more involved. But we think Brazil for under $700 from the Los Angeles is worth it!
We found availability for:
- Rio de Janeiro [GIG] for as low as $662
- Sao Paulo [GRU] for as low as $672
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Rio de Janeiro
- November 3rd – 10th
- We found availability from October – November for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 1 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Not searchable on ITA. Use Expedia.
- LAX – MIA (Miami) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – JFK (New York) – LAX. For this particular itinerary, the segment within the United States is operated by American under TAM flight numbers. However, we have seen itineraries where the domestic segments are operated by JetBlue or United under their flight numbers
- One permitted for free and one at $100.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 13,795 miles or 4.8 cents per mile. TAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.24 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.