We posted a deal from Ethiopian to Kiliamanjaro on Saturday. For about the same price, you can visit Zanzibar. Or, if you want to visit both, you can do your inbound to Kilimanjaro and outbound from Zanzibar or vice versa. Then buy a separate ticket with a carrier like Precision Air to get between Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco
- October 19th – 28th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from October – December 5th or December 21st – May 8th, 2015. Availability is scattered — so please use the calendar of lowest fares function on ITA and use a date range on the length of stay fields to find availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- ITA and booking engines are not perfectly sync’ed. If your first set of dates fail to price, try another set. We know that can be frustrating, sorry
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: iad add
- Destination: ZNZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: add iad
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Los Angeles availability, replace SFO with LAX on the Departing from: field)
- (For Seattle availability, replace SFO with SEA on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – IAD (Washington D.C.) – ADD (Addis Ababa) – JRO (Kilimanjaro) – ZNZ (Zanzibar) – JRO – ADD – FCO (Rome) – IAD – SFO. Some segments will be operated by United under Ethiopian flight numbers
- Pemitted in Addis Ababa for $70 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 21,313 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. Ethiopian is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Ethiopian on Airline 1 and United on airline 2
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $100. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling – $1USD = 1,660 TZS
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination also required.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.