Please follow our search and booking instructions explicitly. This is a fare to Oslo that allows for stopovers in Europe. Instead of doing a deal to Oslo, we are showing you how to take advantage of the stopover and go to Paris instead.
There are a few downsides to this itinerary:
- It is more than our 6 cents per mile criterion (7.7). The next cheapest fare is on Aer Lingus via Dublin at over $700 — but that’s not mileage earning. The fare to Paris without going through Olso is $1,133.
- There is an overnight on the return in Oslo
We should be back to regular programming tomorrow – long weekends are difficult for deals that meet our deal criterion.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 13th – 19th, 2015
- Valid for travel from October 26th – December 11th or December 24th – March 26th, 2015. Dates are limited — so definitely use the “See calendar of lowest fares” function on ITA Matrix to find availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- Destination: CDG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: osl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – CDG (Paris) – OSL (Oslo) – EWR. The segment between Paris and Oslo will be operated by SAS under United flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 each
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 8,191 miles
- March 1st, 2015: 2,525 miles or a difference of 5,666 miles.
How to Book:
- Book via Hipmunk link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- On the From field, enter EWR::UA
- On the To field, enter CDG::OSL
- It will link you to United.com to book.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.