Cathay Pacific announce Boston as their 7th North American city this week. The service between Boston and Hong Kong will start in May, 2015. As part of the service launch, they are having a special introductory fare sale for $$754 for nonstop service — we think $754 is a very good deal for nonstop service, even if its non-mileage earning with American.
United has match the fare — however, since they do not fly nonstop, it is a little more due to the extra fees associated with the connection.
Update 8/27/2014 @ 4:35PM Eastern – Cathay fare gone. Still some United left.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with Cathay
- May 6th – 14th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from May 3rd – 31st, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. All travel must be completed by June 30th. Must purchase by August 29th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BOS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: cx
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: cx
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For United availability, replace cx with ua ua on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Cathay Pacific: Q
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- BOS – HKG (Hong Kong) – BOS
- Cathay Pacific: Not permitted
- United: Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- 15,906 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. Cathay Pacific is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American / British Airways partner. This fare will earn 0% mileage with American. This fare will earn 25% mileage with British Airways’ program.
United will be revenue based mileage earning starting March 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United flyers.
- 2014: 17,878 miles or 4.3 cents per mile. (For a BOS – SFO – HKG – EWR – BOS routing)
- March 1st, 2015: 3,374 miles or a difference of 14,504 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Cathay Pacific” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.