Delta is attacking most American/US Airways hubs and focus cities with good fares to Spain and other points beyond. Most points in Spain are under $700, while destinations like Manchester, England and Helsinki, Finland are in the mid-700s. We found availability from Los Angeles [LAX], Phoenix [PHX], Dallas [DFW], Miami [MIA], Chicago [ORD], Philadelphia [PHL], Boston [BOS], Seattle [SEA], Portland [PDX], San Jose [SJC], and Baltimore [BWI].
Update 8/25/2014 @ 10:25PM Eastern – also available from San Diego / Las Vegas / Kansas City / Charlotte / Orlando per Fare Deal Alert. This is likely available from all cities except those of Delta and United hubs. If you are in Detroit or Atlanta, look at nearby cities like Flint [FNT] or Augusta [AGS]. We found availability from there.
Update 8/26/2014 @ 11:40AM Eastern – fare gone.
For Spain, we found that these destinations are under $700s:
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Madrid [MAD]
- Bilbao [BIO]
- Vigo [VGO]
- Malaga [AGP]
- Palma de Mallorca [PMI]
- Ibiza [IBZ]
Other points in Europe for over $700:
- Manchester, England. [MAN]
- Helsinki, Finland [HEL]
- London, United Kingdom [LHR] (Not available from Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, or Chicago]
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles to Barcelona
- November 3rd – 10th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from October 27th – December 12th or December 24th – March 27th, 2015 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Destination: BCN
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other destinations and departure cities, replace LAX and BCN with the respective cities)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- $574 (this can vary depending on your departure city and destination)
- LAX – JFK (New York) – BCN (Barcelona) – JFK – LAX. Flights can be operated by Air France, KLM, Delta, Alitalia.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 12,576 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- 2015: 2,870 miles or a difference of 9,706 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.