Aeromexico – $308: Los Angeles – Mexico City and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
How about a city and beach vacation rolled into one? Using the stopover provision in a $285 Aeromexico fare between Los Angeles and Cabo San Lucas, you can do both.
This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion, but thought we’d show how easy it is to take advantage of a stopover (which we note for every international deal) to two fun destinations. Also sometimes a stopover can make an expensive destination cheaper – in this case, the flight to Mexico City from Los Angeles alone is $400.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 17th: Los Angeles – Mexico City
- October 19th: Mexico City – Cabo San Lucas
- October 23rd: Cabo San Lucas – Los Angeles
- Valid for travel on from September 2nd – December 13th. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure.
How to Search for Availability:
1. First search for availability between Los Angeles and Cabo San Lucas:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: am+
- Destination: SJD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: am+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
2. Then use the multi-city function on ITA to see whether or not a stopover is available within those date ranges. Here’s a screenshot example from ITA. If the stopover doesn’t work, try a different date within the range. It is also possible within a date range, there are no stopovers available. If that’s the case, try another set of dates.
- LAX – MEX (Mexico City) – SJD (Cabo San Lucas) – MEX – LAX.
- Two permitted for free. Each stopover will add about $23 in additional taxes and fees. Remember, free stopover does not mean the price remain the same. All stopovers will incur additional taxes and fees.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 4,522 miles. Aeromexico is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with Delta.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “multi-city” and enter each segment individually. In addition, select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Aeromexico
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 12.99 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.