American is attacking United’s fares to Lima from United hubs. The deal is good from a price standpoint from San Francisco, Houston and Denver. New York and DC area travelers can find it cheaper on jetBlue.
In a bit of site tidbit – this is our 7,000th deal post. Pretty fitting – Lima is our favorite culinary city in South America and we like a good meal everywhere we travel.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco
- November 4th – 11th
- Valid for travel until March 31st, 2015 with a 5 day minimum stay requirement. Must purchase at least 1 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- Destination: LIM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Washington D.C. departures, replace SFO with WAS on the Departing from: field)
- (For Newark departures, replace SFO with EWR on the Departing from: field)
- (For Houston departures, replace SFO with IAH on the Departing from: field)
- (For Denver departures, replace SFO with DEN on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – DFW (Dallas) – LIM (Lima) – DFW – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,678 miles or 5.9 cents per mile.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 2.77 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.