American / US Airways – Under $240: Washington / Cleveland – Caribbean. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
American / US Airways has been putting the Caribbean on sale from Newark and Houston the last two months. Its now available from DC and Cleveland. Here’s where we found availability to:
- Grand Cayman [GCM] – $219
- Antigua [ANU] – $233
- Montego Bay [MBJ] – $239
- Punta Cana [PUJ] – $237
- St. Lucia [UVF] – $213
As with the sale from Newark and Houston, some require overnight layovers in the connection airport. Availability varies by destination. In general, 2015 availability is better than this year. We highly recommend you use the flexible month search on ITA to find availability.
Those are quick check prices, depending on routing or carrier, it could be a few dollars more or less. And yes, these are still available from Newark and Houston.
Update 8/12/2014 @ 6:25PM Eastern – also available from Cleveland for about the same price. Our affiliate, Fare Deal Alert also found availablity from Denver.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to St. Lucia
- September 5th – 10th
- Valid for travel from September – June, 2015. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Destination: UVF
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other destinations, replace UVF with the airport code from above)
- (For Cleveland, replace WAS with CLE on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- IAD – MIA (Miami) – UVF (St. Lucia) – MIA – IAD. Use WAS as the search criterion — there’s also availability from DCA
- 4,852 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
How to Book:
- American: Book on American Airlines with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. This will redirect you to the advance you search page, on “Choose a Carrier,” select AA, American Eagle, AmericanConnection® and oneworld <- use this if its all American flights or a mixture of American and US Airways flights.
- US Airways: Book on US Airways with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Use this if it is all US Airways flights.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.