American has an interesting fare to Manila. It allows you to route via Hong Kong, Tokyo or Seoul. The best routing option would be via Hong Kong if you are an Executive Platinum since you can ride on the 77W.
Routing through Seoul is the cheapest at $970. You would then connect to either Asiana or Korean Air. If you go via Tokyo, it is $980 and you will connect with JAL. We picked the Hong Kong option because it is a new plane and if you have Systemwide upgrades, significantly less coach time.
The intra-Asia segments are not available as a codeshare. So you will not earn full AA mileage. If you want some AA miles for those segments, select the Tokyo routing.
And if you are still reading, Air China has this for about $50 – $80 cheaper. However, it requires a double connection.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 6th – 14th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from August 21st – November 30th or January 15th, 2015 – April 30th, 2015 for Sunday through Thursday departures. Must purchase by July 7th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: hkg
- Destination: MNL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (You can also route through Tokyo, replace hkg with nrt on the Advanced Routing Code field)
- (You can also route through Seoul, replace hkg with icn on the Advance Routing Code field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- American: Q
- Cathay Pacific: Q (25% with BA or Cathay)
- Japan Airlines: Q (30% with AA)
- Asiana: W (70% with United)
- Korean Air: T (70% with Alaska)
- DFW – HKG (Hong Kong) – MNL (Manila) – HKG – DFW.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 17,667 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. You will earn 16,246 miles with American if you take the Hong Kong routing (and 25% mileage for the HKG -> MNL segments with Cathay Pacific or British Airways’ programs or 355 miles). If you take the Tokyo routing, you will earn 13,939 miles. If you take the Seoul routing, you will earn 13,682 miles and whatever you will earn for the Asiana or Korean Air segments.
How to Book:
- Book on AA.COM with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “All Carriers” on “Choose a Carrier:” section of the AA advanced search.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Country Inns and Suites
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Philippine Peso (PHP) $1USD = 44.56 PHP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.