More US Airways / American codeshare challenge fares!
Sample Travel Date:
- September 8th – 16th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from August 23rd – October 31st or February 3rd, 2015 – April, 2015 . Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us vs
- Destination: BOM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: vs us
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- US Airways: R
- Virgin Atlantic: N
- MIA – LHR (London) – BOM (Mumbai) – LHR – MIA. The segments between Miami and London will be operated by American under US Airways flight numbers. The segments between London and India will be operated by Virgin Atlantic
- Unlimited permitted – one for free and additional at $50 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 17,798 miles or 5.2 cents per mile.
- The US Airways segments between Dallas and London will earn 8,872 miles roundtrip with American or US Airways
- The Virgin Atlantic segments between London and Mumbai is 8,926 miles. They can be credited to Delta for 100% mileage earning.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure to select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select US Airways on Airline 1 and Virgin Atlantic on Airline 2. ITA is pricing this at $912 — lowest price we were able to ticket was $930 for our sample dates.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 58.99 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.