Wideroe (we are sure everyone remembers them) is pricing Tel Aviv at low prices. Yes, this only shows up on Wideroe.
The lowest price is from Los Angeles, but it will work from everywhere and should save you between $500 – $600 compared to what you will find on ITA.
We did a quick check for Los Angeles and New York:
- Los Angeles – as low as $470
- New York – about $700
- Miami – about $685
- Dallas – about $570
Pricing is sometimes off on the week view calendar. It is recommended that you click thru to see the final ticket price. If Wideroe errors out because the city code is incorrect, re-enter it will work.
Wideroe is a Norwegian airline / booking site. Last time with this type of pricing, all fares were honored. As Wideroe is a Norwegian site, use a no foreign transaction fee credit card like the Barclay’s Arrival card to book.
And DO NOT CALL the airline / Wideroe. Let it go through ticketing! If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. But DO NOT CALL!
Update 4/22/2014 @ 11:06PM Eastern – international search is not working on Wideroe. This looks dead/gone
Update 4/23/2014 @ 1:00AM Eastern – use link on bottom. Still working. All pricing in Norwegian Krone (5.98 NOK – $1USD)
Update 4/23/2014 @ 4:30AM Eastern – dead, and they are cancelling any confirmations (it isn’t a ticket until you receive a ticket number which is 13 digits). With these fares, you win some and you lose some. This is one of those that didn’t work out — moving onto the next deal.
H/T: alo53 on FT
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- May 7th – 13th
- Year round – about $500 – $600 less than what’s on ITA
How to Search for Availability:
- Only on Wideroe.no
If you want a quick check, use ITA and subtract $500 – $600 from the ITA price
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us+
- Destination: TLV
- Return Advanced Routing Code: us+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other departure cities, replace LAX with your departure city code)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LAX – PHL (Philadelphia) – TLV (Tel Aviv) – PHL – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 16,345 miles or 2.9 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use this link — copy and paste on to your browser and then select FLIGHTS on top to book: https://wftc2-wideroe.e-travel.com/plnext/wideroenSPO/DisplayProfile.action?SITE=BAPWBAPW&LANGUAGE=GB&EXTERNAL_ID=LOGIN&PLTG_MYPROFILE_REQUEST=true
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Israeli Shekel (ILS). $1USD = 3.47 ILS
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.