Looking for a non-traditional Thanksgiving getaway? How about a safari?
Sample Travel Date:
- November 23rd – December 1st
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 1st – November 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 60 days in advance
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BOS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: fra
- Destination: JNB
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fra
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- BOS – FRA (Frankfurt) – JNB (Johannesburg) – FRA – BOS. A routing that involves Munich will have segments operated by South African Airways. South African Airways also codeshares with Luftansa from Frankfurt to Johannesburg, be mindful when selecting flights. Those segments will not earn 100% mileage with United. An itinerary involving South African via Munich will be $20 cheaper but you will earn less miles.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 18,108 miles or 5.1 cents per mile. Lufthansa is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Vayama link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. On Carrier Preference, enter Lufthansa
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR). $1USD = 11.08 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Vayama, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.