To close out the deals on United to Europe (not including Scandinavia) from New York, Paris France. In case you missed it over the weekend, we posted:
There are a few things about this fare:
- It does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion
- It involves a day / overnight layover on the return in Oslo
- If you travel in April, May, September or October, it $612 vs $574 listed above
- A nonstop from Newark to Paris without the overnight in Oslo would be around $1,100 roundtrip. So you are saving over $500 going via this route!
Update 3/27/2014 @ 9:25PM – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- November 6th – 13th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from April – May 15th or August 24th – October 25th or October 26th – December 11th or December 12th – December 23rd or December 24th – February, 2015. Must purchase by at least 3 days in advance of departure (meaningless, it will be gone soon). While the fare rule permits travel during Christmas and New Years, there’s no availability.
- Availability in April & May is extremely limited.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua
- Destination: CDG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: osl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – CDG (Paris) – OSL (Oslo) – EWR. The segment between Paris and Oslo is operated by SAS.
- Two permitted at $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- 8,191 miles
How to Book:
- Use Hipmunk to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- On From: Field, enter EWR::UA
- On the To: Field, enter CDG::OSL
- Use dates found on ITA
- It will redirect you to United.com to book
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.72 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.