American / British Airways / Delta / United / Virgin Atlantic – $767: Los Angeles – London, England. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion. But London is rarely cheap and for nonstop service, this is a very good deal. You must buy this by 11:59PM Pacific, March 13th.
If you can travel this month, go. The base fare is $68, fuel surcharge of $458 and the rest in taxes — why we think fuel surcharges are absurd. For United flyers, the W fare is very reasonable at $1,179!
Update 3/14/2014 @ 1PM Eastern – since we received a few comments (via email and on here) on this.
1) Why post on 3/14 for a deal that expired on 3/13? We posted this on 3/14 @ 12:17AM Eastern or 3/13 9:17PM Pacific. All posts are in Eastern time zone, that’s why it showed up as posted on 3/14. That’s almost an 3 hour window to decide and buy.
2) We have always posted deals that are short lived in nature and will continue to do so. We know it can be frustrating to see a deal that is no longer active, but the truly good deals rarely last long.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with American
- March 25th – April 1st
- Valid for travel until March 31st for the outbound segment. Must purchase at by March 13th (so 3 or so more hours)
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa
- Destination: LHR
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For British Airways, replace aa with ba, for Delta, replace aa with dl, for United, replace aa with ua, for Virgin Atlantic, replace aa with vs on the advanced routing code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – LHR (London) – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- 10,908 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American, British Airways, Delta, United or Virgin Atlantic.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: British Pound (GBP). $1USD = 0.60 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.