LAN, the leading airline group in Latin America has an amazing fare from Mexico City to Buenos Aires. Mexico City is relatively easy to get to and position out of.
This will not last!!!
Update 11/7/2013 @ 10:00AM Eastern – all gone.
H/T: WPJ on FlyerTalk
Sample Travel Date:
- November 18th – 25th
- Valid for travel until March 30th, 2014. December is blacked out. Must purchase by November 19th (definitely will not last until then)
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “la+” on the outbound and return advanced routing fields to search for this fare.
- On the currency field, please select USD otherwise, it will default to Mexican Pesos as it is departing from Mexico.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- N and L
- MEX – LIM (Lima) – EZE (Buenos Aires) – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – LIM – MEX. Avoid flights operated by Aeromexico if you want mileage with American.
- One permitted at $75.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,468 miles or 1.6 cents per mile. LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. The segments between Mexico and South America is 100% mileage earning while intra-South America segments are 25% if they are N but 100% if they are in L. At minimum, you will earn over 6,000 miles when crediting to American.
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select LAN
- If Orbitz fails, try other online travel agencies like Priceline, Expedia or AA.com. If you use AA.com, make sure you do “refine your search” and on selection 7, select all carriers.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Entry Fee – $160. Argentinean entry fee for Americans must be paid prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Argentine Peso (ARS) $1USD = 5.82 ARS (This is the official rate, you probably can do a lot better if you look)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.