Exotic Destination – American – $451: Miami – Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Exotic destinations are rarely cheap — this is more than our 6 cents per mile criterion. We are publishing it because the Galapagos does not go on sale often. American is putting the Galapagos Islands on sale again — this time, about $70 more than 3 months ago. Miami is a relatively inexpensive city to connect to.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 27th – December 5th
- Valid for travel until August, 2014. Must purchase by October 15th
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “gye” on the outbound and return fields to search for this fare.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- 6 Nights / 7 Days
Partner Fare Class:
- N – Flight between Guayaquil and Galapagos Islands
- MIA – GYE (Guayaquil) – GPS (Galapagos Islands) – GYE – MIA. The flight between Guayaquil and Galapagos is operated by American partner, LAN.
- One permitted in Los Angeles / Miami / Dallas / Chicago / New York for free
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 5,318 miles. The segment between Guayaquil and Galapagos will only earn 25% mileage when crediting to American if it is not an American flight number — this fare will earn 4,207 miles when crediting to American. We recommend you credit to American as it is a better mileage program than LAN.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: US Dollar!
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.