Air New Zealand is one of those foreign carriers that operates from the United States to a foreign country that’s not their own. Others who does that include:
- Cathay Pacific – New York – Vancouver
- Air France – Los Angeles – Taihiti
- Korean Air – Los Angeles – Sao Paulo
- Kuwaiti Airways – New York – London
- Singapore Air – New York – Frankfurt, San Francisco – Hong Kong, San Francisco – Seoul
- Malaysian – Los Angeles – Tokyo
The list is not meant to be exhaustive. Let’s not digress further. Air New Zealand has a special promotion going on. $200 off Coach and $300 off Premium Economy. The regular coach fares earns no miles with anyone. Premium Economy earns 100% mileage with United and US Airways.
With the $200 off coupon, nonstop service in Coach is only $742 while Premium Economy is only $1359. This does in no way meet our 6 cents per mile criterion. It’s just a good fare for nonstop service on a very good carrier to the UK (rare feats).
Sample Travel Date:
- November 11th – 18th
- Valid for travel from 1 October and 30 November, 2013. Travel to be completed by 7 December, 2013. Must purchase by September 26th
How to Search for Availability:
- Coach: Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “nz” on both the outbound and return fields to search for this itinerary.
- Premium Economy: Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “nz /f bc=a” on both the outbound and return fields to search for this itinerary.
- ITA will show pre-coupon prices.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- K = Coach
- A = Premium Economy
- LAX – LHR (London) – LAX
- 10,880 miles. Coach will earn miles with no one while Premium Economy will earn 100% mileage with United and US Airways.
How to Buy:
- Book on AirNewZealand.com using dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Remember to enter promo code “LON200” for Coach and “LON350” for Premium Economy to see this price.
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: British Pound (GBP) – $1USD = 0.62 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charge
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a small commission if you use the accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.