American has published an interesting fare to Bermuda. The price is low but requires both long layovers in either New York or Miami on both the outbound and inbound. This can be long at as a positive for those who want to see multiple cities or a huge negative due to the added expense of hotels on the layovers.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 16th – 23rd
- Valid for travel from October – June, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “aa+” on both the outbound and return fields to search American Airlines only. Must purchase at least 50 days in advance of departure.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- DCA – MIA (Miami) – BDA (Bermuda) – MIA – DCA. Also available from IAD. Includes overnight layovers on both the outbound and return in the connecting city.
- One permitted in Los Angeles / Dallas / Chicago / Miami / New York for free
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 3,930 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com.
- On the From field, enter “WAS::MIA” (If the routing from ITA is via JFK, enter WAS::JFK)
- On the To field, enter “BDA::MIA” (If the routing from ITA is via JFK, enter “BDA::JFK)
- This will show the itinerary provide a link directly to AA.com to book.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Bermudian Dollar (BMD) – $1USD = 1BMD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.