A good sale to Jo’burg from San Francisco.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 11th – 18th
- Valid for travel from November – December 8th or December 25th – March 28th, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “lax ams” on the outbound field and enter “ams lax” on the return field to search for this fare. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- SFO – LAX (Los Angeles) – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – AMS – LAX – SFO. The SFO – LAX segments are operated by Delta under an Alaska codeshare. Some itineraries include an overnight layover in Amsterdam.
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 22,998 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta. Remember to provide your SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com.
- On the From field, enter “SFO::LAX AMS”
- On the To field, enter “JNB::AMS LAX”
- This will show the itinerary provide a link directly to Priceline to book.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 10.06 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.