JetBlue is launching service to Haiti starting December 5th. This means there will be reasonable fares to a country that really needs a lot. Rapid Travel Chai went last year and has a good report on why you should visit.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 19th – 24th, 2014
- Valid for travel from December 5th – March, 2014. Availability is limited. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “b6+” on the outbound field and “b6+” on the return field to search for this fare. Must purchase at least 21 days advance of departure
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – JFK (New York) – PAP (Port-Au-Prince) – JFK – SFO.
- Not Permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 8,212 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Orbitz.com. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select JetBlue to price this out. JetBlue.com is not pricing this correctly.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Haitian Gourde (HTG). $1USD = 43.35 HTG
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.