What’s the first thing we do when we land in Hong Kong? We go get dim sum. Without fail! We love Hong Kong a lot! If you don’t want to deal with the connections, United has nonstop flights for $999.
Despite San Francisco being a major gateway to Asia, it actually gets very few fares to there that we consider deals. Since our launch, this is the 4th time we’ve posted a deal to Hong Kong from San Francisco and the last one was in September of 2012 with a very restrictive sale that you could only depart on two days.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 2nd – 8th
- Valid for travel from September – November. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” to search only United Airlines availability.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – SEA (Seattle) – NRT (Tokyo) – HKG (Hong Kong) – NRT – SEA – SFO. (This fare requires you to take this routing. Any other routing will increase the price)
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,548 miles or 5.98 cents per mile
How to Book:
- United.com is not pricing this itinerary, so use Hipmunk
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “SFO::SEA NRT”
- On the To field, enter “HKG::NRT SEA”
- This will show the itinerary and will link you directly to United.com to book
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) $1USD = 7.8HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.