Exotic destinations are usually expensive to get to. We are surprised to see this route for under $400. We are publishing this fare because it is good despite it not meeting our criterion of 6 cents per mile. It is at 7 cents per mile and we don’t think it will get much better than that.
It’s on our bucket list.
For those who need time to sort this out, American allows for risk free 24 hour holds. If you put the itinerary on hold at 12:01AM Eastern 7/13/2013, the hold will last until 7/14/2013 at 11:59PM Eastern or almost 48 hours to decide. No payment information is required to hold an itinerary.
Update 7/13/2013 @ 2:45PM Eastern – this fare can be combined with other US – Miami fares to create some very reasonable deals to Galapagos Islands. For example, it is about $580 from New York to Galapagos or about $650 from Los Angeles.
Update 7/15/2013 @ 4:15PM Eastern – this fare on all American flight numbers seems to be gone. However, a mix of American + LAN Ecuador (XL) flight numbers are available. Please refer to the booking instructions to book. You will not be able to HOLD the itinerary for risk free 24 hours since its a mix carrier itinerary. However, you will still have 24 hour risk free cancellation.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 13th – 18th
- Valid for travel from August 15th – December 15th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “gye” both on the outbound and return advance routing code fields. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure and by August 5th
- If you are starting anywhere outside of Miami, use “mia gye” on the outbound advance routing code field and “gye mia” on the return. Cities without a direct flight to Miami, use “dfw mia gye” and “gye mia dfw”
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- MIA – GYE (Guayaquil) – GPS (Galapagos Islands) – GYE – MIA. Includes an overnight layover on both the outbound and return.
- 5,312 miles
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com Advance Search. Make sure on section, Choose a Carrier, “” is selected to find this fare.
- Receive $1 back for using Ebates.com or Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- American Airline’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: US Dollar!
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.