What are you doing on September 1st? Flexible? If so, All Nippon Airways has a fare for travel that day from Chicago that is great. Under $600 from Chicago to China is a very good deal!
Here’s what we found:
- Shanghai – $596
- Beijing – $591
- Guangzhou – $596
See our post from July 8th, 2013 on combining this fare and using an open jaw to visit other cities in Asia like Seoul and Hong Kong starting at $797. (It will be cheaper than $797 with this fare)
Update 7/12/2013 @ 5:25PM Eastern – we checked and there is still availability on ANA.CO.JP to Shanghai and Beijing.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Shanghai
- September 1st – 9th
- Must depart on September 1st from the United States. Maximum stay is 1 month. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “nh+” on both the outbound and return fields to search for ANA availability. Must purchase by July 11th
- Fare has been extended until July 12th.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- ORD – NRT (Tokyo) – PVG (Shanghai) – NRT – ORD. Includes an overnight layover in Tokyo on the outbound
Partner Fare Class:
- 14,744 miles or 4.0 cents per mile. ANA and United are partners. The segments between the US and Tokyo will earn 100% mileage with United while the segments between Tokyo and China will be 50% mileage earning when crediting to United. This is better than crediting to ANA which would only be 25%.
- ANA and US Airways are also partners. However, K fares only earn 50% mileage with US Airways for all segments of this itinerary. Maximum mileage is with crediting to United.
- For Shanghai, when crediting to United: 13,666 miles or 4.3 cents per mile
- For Beijing: 13,878 miles or 4.25 cents per mile
- For Guangzhou: 14,379 miles or 4.1 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on ANA.CO.JP.
Update 7/10/2013 @ 8:00PM Eastern – Here’s some booking samples from Orbitz.com. ANA can be difficult to navigate sometimes. Make sure you select “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” on “Additional search options” and select All Nippon Airways.
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.1 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.