Delta recently acquired 49% of Virgin Atlantic and as a result, fares are now mileage earning with Delta. Here’s a good deal to Mumbai. We will also show a stopover in London.
Sample Travel Date:
- February 3rd, 2014 – February 11th, 2014
- Valid for travel from January 5th, 2014 – May 15th, 2014 Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “vs+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Virgin Atlantic availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- One stopover permitted for free on either the outbound or return. Free does not mean the fare will still total $1,181. There are additional fees and taxes for entering and staying in London for more than 24 hours.
- SFO – LHR (London) – BOM (Mumbai) – LHR – SFO
- 19,662 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. Virgin Atlantic is a Delta partner. This fare is 100% elite qualifying and mileage earning. Provide the checkin agent with your Delta SkyMiles number for credit.
Virgin Atlantic has the friendliest stopover search engine out there. It is so simple, we wonder why more carriers don’t have this functionality. From the flight search menu, just check the stopover option:
We are using the screenshot from yesterday’s deal from Washington D.C. to Mumbai. It will then ask you how long you want your stopover to be. We picked one on the return and then it priced out the itinerary for us.
With the stopover, it is about $120 more. This is correct despite stopovers being free. The additional $120 is comprised of United Kingdom departure taxes and other fees. If we were traveling on this itinerary, we would definitely take advantage of the stopover.
How to Book:
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 59.66 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.