We know that Hainan Airlines, the Chinese carrier, has this for about $70 cheaper. However, you will not earn any miles on that fare. This fare with United will earn about 16,000 miles depending on routing and that’s conservatively worth $160. So paying about $80 more, you will come out $90 ahead.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 24th – October 3rd
- Valid for travel from August 26th – November 30th or January 1st, 2014 – May 15th, 2014 for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua ua” on both the outbound and return fields to search only United availability. Must purchase by July 1st.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SEA – LAX (Los Angeles) – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – NRT – SEA. Includes a potential overnight layover in Los Angeles on the outbound.
- 16,948 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 31 THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.