Flexible? Want to visit both Beijing and Seoul? Here’s your chance.
What you need to take advantage of this deal:
- United Airlines MileagePlus Miles (12,500 Miles) + $14.70 in taxes or
- If you don’t have miles, China Southern has a one way flight for $214 for nonstop service.
This is why we recommend you collect miles. United Airlines miles can also be transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards at 1:1 ratio. American miles are not that useful for this redemption as it requires two awards from Beijing to Seoul – 1) Beijing to Tokyo and 2) Tokyo to Seoul.
1. Use ITA Multi-City to Search
Remember, this fare is available for departure only on September 17th or October 1st or October 29th from the United States to Beijing.
2. Search for Award Availability from Beijing to Seoul.
We are going to use award miles to travel from Beijing to Seoul. United’s search shows availability and you can book online.
And it will return this:
Award availability between Beijing and Seoul is good. And with that, you can visit both countries for about $870 all in.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 17th – Flight 1: Chicago – Beijing
- Sometime in between: Flight 2: Beijing – Seoul
- September 24th – Flight 3: Seoul – Chicago
- Must depart on September 17th or October 1st or October 29th from the United States. Must return from Seoul Monday through Thursday. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “aa+” on both the outbound and return fields to search for American availability. Must purchase at least 30 days in advance of departures and by June 26th
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- ORD – PEK (Beijing) // ICN (Seoul) – DFW (Dallas) – ORD
- 14,184 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com using Multi-City Search.
- Receive $1 back for using Ebates.com or Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- American Airline’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.1 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: South Korean Won (KRW). $1USD = 1,119 KRW
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.