We have pretty much stopped publishing Turkish Airline deals because most their fares do not earn any miles with either United or US Airways. However, we do make exceptions if the fare is great — we think this fare is great.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Chicago
- November 18th – 26th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ist” on the outbound field and return fields to search only Turkish availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014 (THIS WILL NOT LAST until then)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- ORD – IST (Istanbul) – MLE (Male, Maldives) – IST – ORD
- 18,452 miles or 50 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a member of Star Alliance and is an United Airlines partner. However, this fare does not earn any miles with United. We do recommend that you open a Turkish Airlines frequent flyer account (it’s free) to collect these 18.4K miles which you can use for a future flight.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com.
- On the From field, enter “ORD::IST” (For Houston, enter IAH::IST)
- On the To field, enter “MLE::IST”
- This will show the itinerary and will link you to Priceline.com to book.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR). $1USD = 15.36 MVR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.