Here’s another good sale from United to Eastern Europe and Middle East.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 5th – 12th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “O:UA O:UA O:LH” on the outbound field and “O:LH O:UA O:UA” on the return field to search only United availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014. (THIS WILL NOT LAST until then)
- The routing codes above ensure that you will be on United metal from the Los Angeles to Munich and vice versa to maximize mileage-earning.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- Segment from Munich – Bulgaria is with Lufthansa and is in K class. If the fare has a Lufthansa flight number but operated by United, you will earn 100% mileage with United
- LAX – IAD (Washington D.C.) – MUC (Munich) – SOF (Sofia) – MUC – EWR (Newark) – LAX
- 14,424 miles or 5.1 cents per mile. The Munich – Budapest segments do not earn any miles with United; as such, you will only earn 13,064 miles or 5.6 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com.
- On the From field, enter “LAX:: O:UA O:UA O:LH”
- On the To field, enter “SOF:: O:LH O:UA O:UA” – see screenshot below
- This will show the itinerary and will link you to United.com to book.
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev (BGN) $1USD = 1.50 BGN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.