Turkey Day in Turkey?
Sample Travel Date:
- November 20th – 27th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – 30th or January 10th, 2014 – March 10th, 2014 on the outbound segment. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Delta availability. Must purchase by May 26th
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- IAD – AMS (Amsterdam) – IST (Istanbul) – AMS – IAD. Make sure all flight have a Delta flight number. These flights are codeshares with KLM; if the flight has a KLM flight number, you will not receive any miles as it is booked in V class.
- 10,454 miles or 5.4 cents per mile.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure “Additional search options” is selected then check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta to price this out.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.