Ho Chi Minh City is a great entry point to Vietnam and the rest of the Mekong delta.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 9th – 17th
- Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 1st, 2014 – April 30th, 2014 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only United Airlines availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- DCA – EWR (Newark) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – EWR – DCA
- 18,170 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Google Flights
- Using the dates found on ITA Software search for DCA to SGN at Google Flights; it will display the fare. Use the “Book” function and use the link to United.com and it will bring you directly to the fare to book.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary, however, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $45 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,833 VND
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.