We really like United’s partnership with Amtrak. This fare is $193 if you “fly” out of Philadelphia. If you start your trip from Philadelphia 30th Street Railway Station then transfer at Newark for your flight, this fare is only $173. A nice $26 savings.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 6th – 10th
- Valid for travel from August 26th – November 1st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only United Availability. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- ZFV – EWR (Newark) – SAT (San Antonio) – EWR – ZFV
- ZFV is the the airport code for Philadelphia 30th Street Amtrak Station. The ZFV – EWR // EWR – ZFV segment is operated by Amtrak.
- A few things to remember about fares from ZFV from our reader Sean
- You do NOT earn Premier Qualifying mileage on the ZFV-EWR and EWR-ZFV segments
- You do earn 250 Redeemable miles, but do NOT earn status bonuses.
- You do have to take the train to start the reservation (not necessarily from ZFV — Metropark will work — as long as your ticket is scanned). (Your Mileage May Vary )
- In the case of a schedule change, you may be able to drop the ZFV-EWR segment (YMMV)
- You can only print out your Amtrak boarding pass the day the train departs from the departing terminal kiosk or ticket desk.
- Baggage will not be automatically be transferred from Amtrak to United and vice versa should you check your luggage. You must re-check your luggage with either United or Amtrak.
- 3,284 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.