Montevideo is the capital of Uruguay and offers easy access to Punte del Estes, the Pampas, and is only a 3 hour ferry ride to Buenos Aires.
This fare also allows for a stopover in Panama.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 15th – 23rd
- Valid for travel until December 8th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “cm+” on both the outbound and return fields to see only COPA Airlines availability. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- JFK – PTY (Panama City, Panama) – MVD (Montevideo) – PTY – JFK; includes an overnight layover on the outbound in Panama City.
- 11,202 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. COPA Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and is partners with United and US Airways. This fare will earn 100% mileage credit with United. Provide the check-in staff with your MileagePlus number to receive credit.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Cheaptickets.com. Make sure on “Additional search options,” you select “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and COPA Airlines is selected.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Uruguyan Peso (UYU) $1USD = 18.90 UYU
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.