Lima is our favorite destination in South America for eating. It is also the entry point for those who want to visit Machu Picchu. Take a short flight to Cusco and then start your hike or train ride. We recommend that you use British Airways Avios points to redeem the short flight from Lima to Cusco with its partner, LAN Airlines. The flight is expensive relative for the distance flown if you buy it, but if you use points it is only 4,500 points each way plus taxes.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 20th – 28th
- Valid for travel from April 1st – June 12th for Friday through Sunday departures from the gateway. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Delta availability. Must purchase by February 28th.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- SFO – DTW (Detroit) – ATL (Atlanta) – LIM (Lima) – ATL – LAX (Los Angeles) – SFO
- 11,310 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” select Delta Airlines to find availability.
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 2.6 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.