United is matching American’s Orlando – Rio de Janeiro $458 fare. United flies to Rio de Janeiro from Washington D.C. and Houston. To take advantage of this fare, it is just a matter of buying an Orlando to Rio de Janeiro roundtrip fare and then buying an one way to Orlando from those respective city.
When you arrive in Washington D.C. or Houston, pick up your luggage and go home. While you need to start your trip from Orlando, skipping the last leg isn’t that big of a deal. Call the airline and tell them you can’t make it on your way home.
[Update 2/15/2013 9:00PM Eastern – deal gone]
- Sample from Washington D.C.
- March 6th – 13th
- Valid for travel from February 18th – July 11th or August 4th – December 12th or December 24th – December 31st for departure from the United States and February 10th – June 26th or July 14th – December 5th to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “iad+” on both the outbound and return advanced routing code fields to search for Washington D.C. routing or “iah+” for Houston routing. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure and by February 19th
- This is booked in N class
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- MCO – IAD (Washington D.C.) – GRU (Sao Paulo) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – GRU – IAD – MCO.
- 11,098 miles or 4.1 cents per mile
Now add a positioning flight from Washington D.C. – Orlando on March 6th:
$548 as an example is a very good deal to Rio!
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 1.96 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.