Delta/American: US – Hong Kong / Singapore / Taipei / Bangkok / Beijing / Shanghai / Tokyo / Manila / Osaka. $550 – $750. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Delta has put a few US cities to Asia on sale. Flexibility required for your travels. Here are the cities that we cover that we found where this fare is valid. You might want to check yours to see if yours is valid.
- Los Angeles
- Fort Lauderdale
- New York
- Oakland (Update 9/19/2012 at 12:30AM Eastern)
The lowest prices are to China/Hong Kong, while Tokyo is the highest.
[Update 9/19/2012 @ 8:30AM – American has match Delta to many destinations – same travel conditions — screenshot below]
[Update 9/19/2012 @ 5PM Eastern – United has match. We also posted the prices for every city pair from our coverage cities here.]
* Credit to CokeandTaco on FlyerTalk for this excellent find.
- Sample from New York to Hong Kong
- Sample travel date: September 25th – October 3rd.
- Limited travel dates — this applies for ALL city pairs:
- Outbound: September 25th or 26th
- Return: October 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st. November 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th. December 4th or 6th.
- So you must leave the US in September and return in October, November or December. But if you have flexibility, this is a great fare
- Must purchase by September 21st — this does not mean the fare will last until then!
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – HKG (Hong Kong) – NRT – JFK
- 17,130 miles or 3.4 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com or AA.COM
- With AA.com, for some destinations, you might have to select “More Flight Search Options” then on Section 7 – Choose a Carrier: You have to select “AA, American Eagle, AmericanConnection® and oneworld” for these deals to show up.
- Delta or AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Check the TIMATIC Visa Database. With the exception of China, every country is Visa free for US Citizens
- Currency: Check XE.COM for up to date foreign exchange rates.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal New York page
For more Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Los Angeles page
For more Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Boston page
For more Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Philadelphia page
For more Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Phoenix page
For more Portland Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Portland page
For more Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal Seattle page
For more Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more San Francisco Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deal San Francisco page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.