Virgin America is pretty sneaky — while everyone (meaning, all their competitors) is on holiday and no fare updates have been release the last days, Virgin America sneaked a fare sale in tonight.
The markets for the sale include:
- New York -> San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas
- Washington D.C. -> San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Philadelphia -> San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Boston -> San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Fort Lauderdale -> San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Orlando -> San Francisco, Los Angeles
Like most domestic fares, these work both ways. The most expensive city pair is New York <-> Las Vegas at $288. Everything else is either $242 or $268. Going cross country for under $270 for non-stop service is a good deal. If you are not a Virgin America flyer, these sales will likely get matched by American, Delta and United tomorrow at 10AM Eastern. If you bought today’s Delta San Francisco – New York deal, cancel it tomorrow within the 24 hours risk free cancellation period to save a few bucks.
[Correction: It’s actually $248 or $268 roundtrip]
Terms of the sale:
- Valid for travel from September 11th – October 31st for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday departures
- Must purchase by September 4th
- Sample for New York – Los Angeles
- October 19th – 23rd.