American / TAM: New York / Philadelphia – Belem, Brazil. $574 – $632. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Where is Belem, you ask? It is on the northern coast of Brazil, where the river estuaries of the Amazon empties out into the Atlantic. Belem is also popular for the Acai berry.
- Sample for New York
- October 1st – 9th. Valid for travel until November 15th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure and by August 31st.
- JFK – GRU (Sao Paulo) – BEL (Belem) – GRU – JFK. AA.com will provide a default routing via Miami and Manaus, Brazil with a cheaper routing of $574. However, we provided a more direct routing to save on travel time for just $58 more. However, if you take the Miami and Manaus option, there is a double promotion within the valid fare period for this portion of the trip. Signup here: Double Miles to Manaus.
- 12,534 miles or 5.0 cents. The JFK-GRU // GRU-JFK will earn 100% American mileage. The GRU – BEL – GRU portions is operated by TAM. TAM is partners with United and US Airways. The fare will 100% mileage with both. Provide the TAM checkin staff with your United or US Airways frequent flyer number to receive credit.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com. To purchase on AA.com, go to AA.COM Advance Flight Search and make sure for item 7 – “Choose a Carrier” – that All Carriers is selected for this fare to show up.
- Receive $1 back for using Ebates.com or Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 1.93 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.