Hello Dallas! We are introducing coverage for Dallas. Dallas is probably one of the hardest markets that we will attempt to cover. Due to the dominance of American Airlines, there won’t be that many deals on a monthly basis. The likely scenario is a deal from Dallas will be from United or Delta attacking American’s fares — expect maybe 1 or 2 deals a week at the most.
Our first official deal from Dallas is to the Caribbean island of Grenada. Grenada is slightly north of Trinidad and Tobago and is famous for its spices. Grenada is not too touristy of a Caribbean island, so if you want to chill, this is the perfect place for it.
Delta has once a week service from New York – JFK, so if you plan on going, you will need to spend a week. As a basis for comparison, the lowest competing fare is 2X this price. To our biggest fan in Dallas, @AadvantageGeek, sorry the first official deal from Dallas isn’t on a Oneworld airline — we tried, but Finnair’s booking engine didn’t like DFW as an origination airport, despite it pricing out nicely on ITA.
What is there to do? Beach, diving, hiking, sailing…
- February 1st, 2013 – 9th. We see availability in December, 2012, January 2013 and February, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability – enable advance routing codes and enter “dl+” on both outbound and return advance routing code fields to search for only Delta availability. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- DFW – LGA (New York – LaGuardia) // JFK (New York – JFK) – GND (Grenada) – JFK // LGA – DFW. There is an airport change, however, Delta provides a little known service in New York for those with an itinerary similar to the one above. They will provide a free taxi service between the airports – YES, FREE TAXI SERVICE between JFK and LGA. There’s more information on this FlyerTalk Thread. Although as New Yorkers, with the layover times, we recommend that you actually come into the city, grab a meal and a drink then head back the airport for your flight.
- 6,984 miles or 5.9 cents per mile.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com. To finesse this itinerary from Delta.com, you need to use the multi-city search option and then manually enter each segment that ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search spits out.
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD) $1USD = 2.7 XCD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.