Air Canada is having a sale to China! First up, Shanghai.
- November 7th – 13th. Valid for travel from October 15th – December 10th for Tuesday and Wednesday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ac+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only Air Canada availability. Must purchase by September 7th.
- ORD – YYZ (Toronto) – PVG (Shanghai) – YYZ – ORD
- 15,046 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. The ORD-YYZ and YYZ-ORD segments do not earn mileage, as such, the miles earned will be 14,125 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Air Canada is a member of the Star Alliance and partners with United and US Airways. We would credit these flights with United due to its superior mileage program. Remember to collect your miles, this is enough miles for an one way domestic reward ticket.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on AirCanada.com
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping