A good sale to Johannesburg. Go on a safari or use it as a base to visit the neighboring countries of Botswana or Namibia.
- October 4th – 12th. Valid for travel August 21st – October 29th or March 22nd, 2013 – May 15th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “kl+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only KLM availability. Must purchase by by March 31st, 2013 (This does not mean the fare will last that long, KLM can pull this at anytime)
- ORD – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – AMS – ORD
- 19,412 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 19,412 miles is almost enough for a free domestic ticket. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles — DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25% mileage. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping