This will not last. Do not call the airline! It’s an obvious mistake. Few sample cities that this works for includes New York, Boston, Miami, Dallas, Chicago. Check yours.
We will repeat, if you cannot get it to work, do not call the airline. Use a different online booking engine.
[Update 8/6/2012 @ 1:45PM – the fare has been pull. The deal is dead!]
[Update 8/6/2012 @ 5:4PM — we have been fielding questions in regards to what to do should this not be honor:
You can file a complaint with the Department of Transportation:
Use 399.88 as guidance: (“Therefore, if a consumer purchases a fare and that consumer receives confirmation (such as a confirmation email and/or the purchase appears on their credit card statement or online account summary) of their purchase, then the seller of air transportation cannot increase the price of that air transportation to that consumer, even when the fare is a “mistake.”)
Please visit this site: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm if you want to file a complaint. Thanks to jfkeze on Flyertalk putting this up]
[Update 8/6/2012 @ 9:45PM – per El Al USA’s Official Twitter – https://twitter.com/ELALUSA/status/232596600017526784, El Al will honor all tickets]
- January 17th – 23rd. Valid for travel from October 26th – December 16th or December 24th – March 24th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability.
- Sample from NY
- JFK – ZRH (Zurich) – TLV (Tel Aviv) – LHR (London) – JFK; JFK – ZRH/LHR on American and ZRH – TLV on Swiss. LHR – TLV segment on El Al
- 11,363 miles. For American Airlines frequent fliers, the JFK-ZRH/LHR + any segments operated by El Al will earn 50% mileage credit. Provide the checkin staff with your AA number if you want mileage.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on Expedia.com. Vayama.com, Orbitz.com, Webjet, Cheaptickets also might work. If it does not work on one, use another.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Israeli Shekel (ILS) $1USD = 3.81 ILS
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)