A good fare to Cape Town. Go to South African wine country or go on a safari.
- November 12th – 20th. Valid for travel from October 26th – December 6th or December 26th – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “kl+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only KLM availability. Must purchase by August 8th.
- MIA – JFK (New York) – AMS (Amsterdam) – CPT (Cape Town) – AMS – JFK – MIA
- 21,478 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 21,478 miles is almost enough for a free domestic ticket. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles — DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25% mileage. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping