A good sale to Ho Chi Minh City. Use this to visit the Mekong Delta or the rest of Vietnam.
- September 10th – 18th. Valid for travel from August 27th – November 20th or January 1st, 2013 – May 23rd, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing code and enter “ua+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing code fields. Must purchase by August 22nd
- DCA – ORD (Chicago) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – ORD – DCA
- 18,646 miles or 4.9 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping