Istanbul has been on sale from New York, Washington D.C., Chicago and Los Angeles. Outside of that, the rest of the US to Istanbul has actually been pretty expensive. This is a pretty decent deal with limited availability. We expect Istanbul prices to trend upwards after October as Delta pulls out of the market for the Winter and Spring months.
- September 23rd – October 1st. Limited dates in September, October and November. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. After November, prices jump a little.
- SFO – JFK (New York) – IST (Istanbul) – JFK – SFO
- 15,203 miles or 5.9 cents per miles
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping