A good sale to Ho Chi Minh City — use it to explore the Mekong Delta and the rest of Vietnam. One of our team members is currently traveling through Vietnam and enjoying every minute of it. Go check it out.
- October 10th – 18th. Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 1st – April 30th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by July 25th
- LGA – ORD (Chicago) – NRT (Tokyo) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT – DFW (Dallas) – LGA
- 20,268 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. Remember to collect your miles, 20,268 is almost enough for a domestic reward ticket and is enough for an one way reward ticket. In addition, if you fly another 4,800 miles this year with American, it is enough for elite status, giving you free checked baggage and priority checkin and boarding.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com
- Receive $1 back for using Ebates.com or Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more (program ending – hurry if you want to buy some)
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping